What exactly does the Fed’s recent rate cut mean?
“On Friday, the Fed’s move to cut its discount rate by 50 basis points to 5.75% was seen as an attempt to help distressed banks borrow money”
I have read so many news articles about banks getting lower rates (like over-night lending to other banks) but what types of loans do they effect?
1) Will ARM mortages adjust lower?
2) Will traditional 30-yr mortgages fall? If so, to what APR?
3) Will my student loans change?
4) Will credit card companies be giving better interest rates?
5) Will the interest rate on my online savings account go down?