What can I do for my upside-down mortgage?

I live in California and got a home and payment that I could (and can) afford. I’m one of the lucky, responsible ones. I still have a job and I’m on time on all my bills. Since buying at $ 350k the property value has dropped to $ 240k. Are there any programs to help me? I really don’t want to pay 30% more than the home is worth and the only solution I have heard of so far is walking away. What are regular people like me doing?

Register New Account
Reset Password