tax insolvency without bankruptcy for cancelled debt?

settled some credit cards in 2008. I understand ill be getting some 1099c’s in the mail that need to be reported. My mortage, equity and credit card balances deemed me insolvent at the time.
If i take my info to hr block or jackson hewit, is it going to be a problem that my mortgage and equity loans are in different names?
My original mortgage is in my maiden name. my equity is in my first married name, along with my bank statements and credit card statements.
I got married at the end of 2007, so my name is different now.

what all do i need to take to prove insolvency and will they be able to file electronically?

Register New Account
Reset Password