Filing motions in court

QuestionsFiling motions in court
Bernie Plunkett asked 5 years ago

So I have had a previous thread dealing with a case I feel is invalid due to improper service in the state of Illinois. There are varying degrees of opinions on if I will have success or not; but this question I am posing isn’t really related to those opinions, this is merely technically speaking.


Has anyone here actually written their own motion to have a judgement vacated? Or I guess higher level, just writing a motion in general?


It is a little intimidating; The Circuit Clerk of Will County Illinois does have the needed forms online, I just don’t know if doing this on my own causes risk, or I should hire an attorney.  I know I likely will have to hire an attorney anyway if it gets vacated, since they will likely resue, but the case against me feels a slam-dunk improper service and I want to work on negotiating the settlement without it on the pubic record.


Are there companies online that will draft these for you? Any suggestions.. Pretty green with legal stuff.



Register New Account
Reset Password