I have two accounts under PRA (Portfolio Recovery) on my Credit Report, one for Walmart Credit Card, the Other for Paypal Mastercard one Balance is $ 1600, the other $ 400.
I did some reading on PRA and found it to be a rather terrible company, with lawsuits, class action lawsuits, fines, etc.
So I called the Fraud Department of TU and asked to have the two accounts disputed under “not willing to settle due to past lawsuits”. Listed on the BBB:
These violation include among other things:
– Attempted to collect on unsubstantiated or inaccurate debt,
– Misrepresented intention to prove debts consumers sued over,
– Relied on misleading, robo-signed court filings to churn out lawsuits,
– Sued or threatened to sue consumers past the statute of limitations,
– Pressured consumers to make payments using misrepresentations,
– Falsely claimed an attorney has reviewed the file and a lawsuit was imminent, and
– Misled consumer into consenting to receive auto-dialed cell phone calls.
I have gone through the route of sending PRA a ITS letter, disputing via the BBB, etc, and they won’t budge.