is it wise to move for my boyfriend given the circumstances (read on)?
I need unbiased advice. My boyfriend of 1 1/2 years was offered full tuition+ to a 6yr MA/Ph.D. program 2 states away. It’s a 1-time opportunity for him. Although I’m happy for him, I can’t commit to moving at this point. I am looking into jobs but don’t want to move unless I have one, and even them, am a bit insecure about moving for a boyfriend, not fiancee. Plus, I am reluctant to leave my community & circle of friends — already I live 1500 miles away from my core family. My boyfriend’s best friend lives in the same city as the school, and now he is talking about buying a house with him if I don’t make a decision soon (they both have money saved, I don’t). He says he wants to be stable before school starts, they’d use VA loans to purchase. But not being legally a part of a mortgage & living w/ best friend makes me wary. He says he is committed and wants to marry eventually but not now just b/c of circumstances. I am 29 yrs old and don’t want to mess around. Opinions?