I have a TX home mortgage loan in my name, and my friend’s name is included on the deed, what if we split up?

I have been making the payments each month myself- my friend is unable to help pay right now.
what do I need to do to protect my interests in case we split up? we are not married. He helped pay for the downpayment and some home improvements.

My parents are giving me their current house and building a new one. The house needs some improvements (Kitchen, Bath, Carpets, etc) what is the best loan to get? I currently rent so I don’t have a mortgage. Do I get a home equity loan, first mortgage, home improvement loan? Please help.

Register New Account
Reset Password