I have a home/mail/bills in Texas, but want to keep a car in California. How do I handle tags/insurance/DL?

I visit and sometimes do jobs in California for my employer, based in New Jersey. I just bought a home in Texas, but will be traveling alot to California, although I work everywhere (multiple states). I would like to keep a car in California, not garaged anyplace, maybe sitting at the airport or roadside. How do I handle licensing, tags, insurance? If I live in Texas, have a Texas license, and Texas plates, can I get insurance? What happens if a California police officer stops me?

Register New Account
Reset Password