How to repair an error on my credit report?

I have a collection on my credit report from the old AT&T, when they had wireless products (cell phone.) I paid my account in full, but when I went to check my credit report it says that I owe them $ 5.00 and they put me in collections. Now when I called the collection department to dispute it, the collection department no longer exists because AT&T wireless no longer exists!! Any suggestion on what I should do? I’ve already tried to correct the error with the credit reporting agencies, but they need proof that my account was paid in full. HELP!

Register New Account
Reset Password