How long should I wait before seeking a different mortgage company for a new home loan?

There are credit issues and the loan package has gone to underwriters. We’ve been dangling for nearly 3 weeks without a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on our loan status. We’re considering taking our data and seeking another mortgage company to service our loan, but we don’t know if the long wait is normal or if we’re being put on someone’s “back burner”. Are we being strung along or just impatient?
Thanks for all the answers! We were able to resolve the problem today!

Register New Account
Reset Password