How do I report sale of an inherited home on my taxes?

I have a capital loss of $ 3000 per schedule d (actual loss of $ 3383), but since it was personal property, my loss is non-deductible. I have to file schedule d in order to report the sale of the home, but what do I do with the losses. Schedule D says to record the $ 3000 on line 13 of 1040. Please help.

Register New Account
Reset Password