How do I determine dwelling insurance needed on Condo?

Dwelling coverage only – not personal property or liability coverage. Apartment-style condo. Responsible for drywall inward (each unit has its own central air, furnace and tankless hot water heater within the unit). No lender involved, so I get to set the amount. My research so far has indicated a range from $ 10,000 (way to low if my unit was gutted by a fire) to the full purchase price (which is too high since this includes builder profit as well as my pro rata share of the entire building which would be covered by the Homeowners Association’s insurance).

Register New Account
Reset Password