Why would a fraudulent dog bite claim have an effect on the homeowner's ability to get insuranc

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Home Insurance Why would a fraudulent dog bite claim have an effect on the homeowner's ability to get insuranc

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

although the lease stated “no pets”,my tenant acquired an aggressive dog. A visiting friend teased the dog and was nipped. Blood was drawn, EMT’s arrived. We have pic’s of the kid playing tennis and golf a few days later. My insurance company never paid a cent, yet i pay more for coverage because it is flagged as having an “incident” on my history. Is this legal? Can i do this to my archenemy? 😉 Seriously, isn’t this a slippery slope? I’m guilty of nothing, the kid is guilty of fraud, yet i can’t get discount insurance. if it matters, the house is in NY.
    i have called several companies (all the way from the big, national guys to the local ones) and it seems to be the rule. i did submit pictures of the kid,so they didn’t pay anything. but it still is considered an incident. it’s not just a ny thing; it must be national, according to the companies.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password