Which company offers the lowest APR on Debt Consolidation Loans?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Debt Management Which company offers the lowest APR on Debt Consolidation Loans?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

The main thing is how much are you borrowing? and what is the loan to equity value.
      best to say that if your mate makes $ 30,000 you can safely borrow about $ 75,000 with 5% down.

Anonymous
      Inactive

sure. The 30k will be the income used. However, they will count debt that is in the working spouse and that is held jointly.

based on 30k income, I would recommend a mortgage of NO MORE then 500 a month or 75,000 plus your down payment.

FHA has 3.5% down and USDA loans are 100%.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s not about who is working but how “safe” the lenders think their money will be. They go by a debt to income ratio, basically. If you earn enough money with one paycheck, you will qualify for a loan up to a certain value. (Get a preauthorized loan before going house hunting.) If you owe too much on other debts, such as credit cards or cars, you probably won’t qualify for a loan.

There are some programs out there for first time home buyers. Check with your lender or real estate agent to see if you qualify. I was able to purchase a house with 0 down payment through a state program where I live.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can definitely qualify for a mortgage.

Mortgage Lenders approve on a few criteria mainly funding ratios and credit scores. Lenders I work with like to see

35% GDS and 42% TDS.

GDS = Principle, Insurance, Tax, Heating
      TDS = GDS + any debt

So if making $ 30,000 (close to $ 21,000 after tax) and has NO debt

$ 21,000 divided monthly $ 1,750 (But you can only use a max of 35% of that income) so,
      $ 583.00 for a monthly mortgage payment (only 33% GDS)

So with a rate of 3.79% 5yr fixed at @ 35 yr am and 5% down you qualify for a $ 100,000 mortgage. The monthly payments are $ 582.53 Happy house shopping!

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Income related. You will be approved for a mortgage of 90k

Anonymous
      Inactive

just use one spouse and one spouse’s credit that way if you can eliminate any of the others possible debt. the approval will be lower with a lower income too, but maybe you’re not looking for a lot! =)

Anonymous
      Inactive

For around, ?20,000. So far it is First Plus with 6.9% APR Typical, anything lovwer than that?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

6.9% sounds unbelieiable cheap for a Debt Consolidation loan

I assume it is, in fact, a Secured Loan on your house i.e. a Mortgage, so I doubt you wil be able to beat that rate

I’ve heard of despearte people being offered rates of 3% .. but that’s ‘per month’ (i.e. over 36% a year)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m just to cross my fingers that you get sorted out.

You’ll have to beat their credit scoring before you get the loan…

They may not be too happy to take on a ?20k consolidation debt unless it is secured on your property of other assets.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Who do you bank with?

I always found my bank helpful they are the Halifax, I had a consolidation loan of ?25k for 5.9 apr but then I am a customer with a clean record.

Your credit rating makes the difference on what is the best rate and due the recent interest rises things are going to change again I would think

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password