What’s the best way to improve my credit score?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score What’s the best way to improve my credit score?

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I was the typical college kid who thought credit cards were something I could pay back whenever I wanted. I ended up going over on two cards and charged about $2500 to them. I have paid off almost all of it (I owe about $700) and it will be paid off in the next 4-5 months… but as a result of my pure stupidity, my score has suffered. Are there any ways besides paying off all my debt to improve my score?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Use your credit card like cash. Only charge the things you would normally spend cash on anyway. Then pay off your bill every month. That way you build credit, avoid interest and fees, and, if you have a rewards card, enjoy the rewards that the card pays *you*.

To quickly see which card will pay you the most rewards for your normal spending, check out the rewards calculator at . A couple of the better rewards cards for college students are the Citi mtvU card and the Citi Driver’s Edge for College Students.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Use your credit card like cash. Only charge the things you would normally spend cash on anyway. Then pay off your bill every month. That way you build credit, avoid interest and fees, and, if you have a rewards card, enjoy the rewards that the card pays *you*.

To quickly see which card will pay you the most rewards for your normal spending, check out the rewards calculator at . A couple of the better rewards cards for college students are the Citi mtvU card and the Citi Driver’s Edge for College Students.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just pay you bills sweetheart!
      We as Americans need to stop looking for the easiest way out.
      You may also want to try a secure credit card.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Look in paper for mobile homes for sale. Call one of the real estate agents who specializes in this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password