What kind of homeowners/ renters policy should I get?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Home Insurance What kind of homeowners/ renters policy should I get?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

  • Author
  • #383032


    My grandparents own their home, but both are in nursing home care. My spouse and I will be looking for a home to rent in the next month when our lease is up. We proposed to them that we could stay there and look after their belongings, and pay monthly rent in cash to them. They currently have homeowners insurance, but I do not think they have notified their homeowners insurance that their house is vacant. They house will be furnished with there belongings, because all we are bringing is clothes. I know their insurance will not cover us, so for liability issues and to make sure their belongings are covered in case of fire/theft, should we take a seperate renters policy, and what do we tell their homeowners company?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password