- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
- January 16, 2012 at 3:46 am #241771AnonymousInactive
I had an Auto Loan account with HouseHold Automotive Bank.
– Account opened 06/1998
– Account was paid off & closed in May 2005.
– Few months before that, it had couple late payments.
– Last time it was updated : on my credit report: 2009
Starting December 2011, I noticed that the entry for this account disappeared on my Equifax credit report, (but it still shows on Experian). This was my oldest account ( second oldest opened in 1999).
I also noticed that the score drpped from 728 to below 700. *My first suspicion is that not reporting this account has affected my credit “Average Age” & ” Age of Oldest account”
1) Can creditors decide at any time they want to stop reporting on the account ?*
2) In June 2012 it would be over 7 years since last late payment occured. If HSBC aggrees to continue to report on the account, should the “Status” field on Equifax report still say “30 *days late ” even though it occured over 7 years ago ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.