What is the best non profit debt consolidation company to use?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Debt Consolidation What is the best non profit debt consolidation company to use?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

As long as you are on the title you still own half the property. By not being on the loan, technically you are not liable due to default. This is the best of both worlds for you. If your partner is ok with it, go for it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

if you trust (HIM),you don’t have anything to be concerned with.
      you don’t need to be on the loan in order to have an ownership interest
      in the property.adding your name to the title automatically will give you legal
      rights (ownership) and since you are not on the loan papers,you will not
      have any liabilities toward lender .
      you make sure,that your name is added to the title,as soon as re-financing
      is completed.
      in order for him to add you to title,he must sign a grant deed,giving title from
      himself only to himself and you.this grant deed ,then needs to be recorded
      in whichever county the property is located.

Anonymous
      Inactive

its a win/win for you……make sure you stay on the title and you have rights to the house, and if you are not on the mortgage you dont have the liability or the debt!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a friend who needs help and I want to make sure he gets the best company to help him. Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

The best one I know of is Consumer Credit Counseling Services. You can reach them at 1-800-388-2227.

They are the largest and oldest non profit credit counseling service in the Country.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Be very careful!!! consolidating debt means that they will close your credit cards and you will make one payment BUT it damages your credit tremendously!!!! Tell your friend to call the credit companies himself/herself and strike a deal.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello! This is a very important choice and can be very daunting. Tell your friend they should stick to a true non-profit company that doesn’t charge a fee or take a portion of your first payment for “administrative” charges.

I woulds say the most reputable is Consumer Credit Councelling they are chartered in most large citys.

Hope that helps.

Dale

Anonymous
      Inactive

Stay away from InCharge… They dont help at all, and dont seem to care. The Consumer Credit Counseling was very helpful and knowledgeable… check your area for a local branch

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password