What is the best mortgage co. for first time home buyers in FL?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Home Mortgage What is the best mortgage co. for first time home buyers in FL?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am located in central florida (cocoa)

Anonymous

The best mortgage company for a first time home buyer in central Florida would be the same for a first time home buyer in Oklahoma or Alaska. The answer is: a mortgage company you trust!

Get referrals from friends, family members, coworkers, etc. for people they have worked with. Chances are, if they are done a good job for someone you know, they will do a good job for you.

Referrals are a huge part of our business at Quicken Loans and I imagine the same goes for other mortgage companies.

Make sure your mortgage professional goes over all first time home buyer options with you and explains all the different types of home loans. If you go with something like an interest-only loan or an adjustable rate loan, make sure you completely understand when you monthly payment will change. Once again, someone you trust will go over all of this with you.

I’ve included a link to the first time home buyers section of the Quicken Loans website below. I recommend going over the section and getting together a list of items that you might want to consider as you buy your first home.

Good luck!

Anonymous

I always tell buyers to pick 3 companies and talk to the lenders. Compare everything, don’t be lured by an attractive interest rate. Closing costs can vary by thousands of dollars, and things like pre-payment penalties can make an otherwise sound offer unattractive.

There are several reputable nationwide lenders, such as Countrywide. I’d start with companies whose name you recognize, that have an established reputation in your community. Don’t overlook banks, some have very attractive FTHB programs.

Good luck.

Anonymous

I am in Melbourne and the mortgage company does not necessarily effect the position of a buyer. There are programs for first time home buyers and you can go to Brevard County and get down payment assistance. You will have to use the companies on the list they provide. If you are working on a conventional loan, then it is all the same. I have a menu of lenders and I promise that any other broker house is taking from the same list. The question is really on you being qualified to purchase. First time or not depends on your need for assistance and the additional steps to closing are the same. If you want more information I will gladly get you the name and numbers at the county to contact. Money goes fast, so call soon. If you just want to be prequalified then I need to pull credit, and do an application the regular steps. Good Luck and Happy House Warming. Please know that the market is so soft especially in FL!

Anonymous

You’re no better off going with a recommendation here than you would be picking one name out of the phone book.

You should interview several, and if they start out by talking about their loan programs, don’t waste time on them. They don’t even really want to sell you something, they just want you to buy it from them.

What you want is someone that asks questions and gets to know your situation, so they can show you a program that will work for you. You need to find at least two people that do it this way to be sure you’re getting the right deal for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password