What is the best department store credit card to apply for?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What is the best department store credit card to apply for?

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I just bought a house, actually closed on it today. House came furnished with all appliances except a washer & dryer. I need to purchase these once I move in the house. My question is, based on my recent attempt at obtaining credit cards, which department store credit card is the smartest for me to apply for? Let me give you some background. Before and in college, I was heavily reliant on credit cards in order to survive and unfortunately most went to collections. All credit card accounts and other delinquencies have been paid in full. Most of the bigger accounts (a couple for about $2,000 each) are due to be off my credit report in 2012. For the past couple of years I have been trying to apply for credit cards with extremely low credit limits…I mean I even tried applying for the credit card that is much like a reloadable debit card but have been denied on all of them. I got married and my wife added me to one of her Capital One credit cards and have been on it for a few months (it’s active and in good standing). I find it kind of ridiculous that I can’t get a credit card with a $300 limit but a bank approves me for a $95,000 mortgage. Anyway, I would like to know the best store to apply for, or specifically, the easiest card to get because I know that repeated inquiries hurts your credit report. Other information if needed: I make around $40,000 a year, have been employed at my current job for 2 and 1/2 years and my average credit score (based on what my bank told me for my mortgage) was 660. Anyone that can help me I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
      They usually have 6 month no interest or something like that. If I got that I could pay it off pretty quickly. But that’s a good idea I opened a Fifth Third account for my mortgage and I asked the lady from 5th/3rd if that would be possible (getting a small line of credit). Thanks for the help Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password