What is the best credit card to apply for online?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What is the best credit card to apply for online?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I want a limit of maybe 10,000 dollars to help with my wedding. I also currently have a credit card, my only credit card of 3,000 dollars that I would like to pay off with the new credit card. I have very good credit so I really dont think that will be an issue.

Anonymous

Stay away from any “debt consolidation” company that promises to cut your debt and payments in half through debt settlement….This is a risky tactic of deliberately ceasing all payments to creditors and forcing your accounts into default to attempt settlements. You pay a monthly fee to a debt consolidator….this entire fee goes towards building a settlement account and to the consolidator’s fees to “settle” your accounts in the future. Your credit card companies will deliberately not be paid so that all the accounts will default/charge-off so that they can attempt settlements at around 50%. If you are current on your accounts, this process will ruin your credit rating for sure. Debt settlement is like a roll off the dice with your finances…You can never predict how your creditors will respond to the deliberate defaulting of your accounts…they might settle at 50%…or they might serve you a summons, take you to court…and if they win, you could be looking at wage garnishment.

Many people who sign up with “debt consolidation” firms incorrectly assume that they have the power to force your creditors to accept settlements…they don’t. Your creditors have the right to refuse settlements and take you to court.

See this as an example of what can go wrong with debt settlement:

==================
    Even if your find a company with a perfect BBB rating, there’s still a big risk in deliberately defaulting on credit cards to settle and no firm can guarantee that you won’t be sued.

If you want to do debt settlement anyway, then you don’t have to pay any firm to ruin your credit rating…you can do this yourself by stop paying your cards for 4 or so months and use the money saved to try to settle. If you succeed, you can settle for less…if the process fails, you will end up in court.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password