what is the best credit card for people with no credit.?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards what is the best credit card for people with no credit.?

Viewing 2 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Im a 19 year old student who would like to start building credit. I have never had a credit card, so i would like some advice on which card would be the best for me. I would also like to know how i should pay the credit card cause some people tell me i should never pay in full, and others tell me to always pay in full. Im a little confused.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Any credit card will work. You should try for one with a very low interest rate. Always make your payments on time and you must send more than your minimum payment. Paying off your cards each month is the smartest way to hold a credit card, but sometimes leaving a small amount on the card that you pay off each month will help you increase your credit rating faster.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you do not have any credit, you will have to start with a secured credit card.

Go to the bank or credit union you do business with, ask them if they have a secured card, deposit $300-$500 into the account. Use the card each month for small purchases like gas or groceries. Make sure and pay the card off in full each month.

After a few months, ask the bank to convert the card to an unsecured card or apply for a unsecured card. Retail stores and gas cards are normally easier to get.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password