What is a good credit score to have when applying for a loan?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score What is a good credit score to have when applying for a loan?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I just finished ordering my TransUnion credit report and score online from transunion.com. It says my current credit score is 757. Is that considered good? The reason I ask is because I was thinking about going to my local bank next week to apply for a $1,500 loan to get some much needed car repairs. I have plenty of avaliable credit on my credit card but would prefer to get a loan so that I might be able to get a lower interest rate. I always try to pay my bills on time and really need this loan. What are my chances of getting approved with a 757 credit score? Should I even bother applying or will I be wasting my time?

Anonymous

Your credit is in good shape. Your best bet for a loan is probably to get a credit card with a low introductory rate and pay it off before the introductory rate expires. You might also see if your mechanic will let you pay in installments.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password