What does 'lease to own' or 'rent to own' mean?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home What does 'lease to own' or 'rent to own' mean?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Some home owners rent their property with the option of lease to own. A part of the rent goes towards the actual rent, while a part of it goes towards the equity of the house. Is the renter supposed to buy the house after a couple of years (say 2 years) by paying one bulk amount towards the remainder equity? Or can the renter continue to pay small amounts towards the equity each month until (say in 20 years) he/she has 100% equity? I want to buy a house eventually but I do not want to finance from bank. I want to keep paying small amounts from the rent towards equity directly to the owner. Do some landlords make agreements like that? My landlord wants to sell me her house, so I want to ask her if she will make an agreement like this with me. THank you in advance for your responses!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password