What can you use American Express Membership Reward points for?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What can you use American Express Membership Reward points for?

Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

lots of the cards say that you earn points whenever you purchase something, but i have no idea what the points are for. I heard that you can get airline tickets, but what else?

Anonymous
      Inactive

It depends on what play you are on. My plan lets me get lots of consumer goods… like electronics, kitchen gear, and gift cards. But there are other plans that give you points towards air fare and such. It really all depends on what card you have and what promotional program it falls under. Some just give cash back.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You have several problems to address here, the first of which is “Why on Earth did you overpay your taxes by $ 6,500?”…getting a refund that big means you just made a $ 6,500 loan to the government and got paid no interest on it! If you had adjusted your withholding so that you got a $ 5 refund (or even owed $ 5), that $ 6,500 could have earned you perhaps $ 500 last year towards your debts!

The idea of “waiting out” debts is what has caused most of your bad score…even when a creditor gives up on getting their money, it will continue to reflect badly on you…debts do not “go away”, they get sold over and over to less & less scrupulous collectors, who will make a profit if they get ANYTHING from you, so they may go quiet for months or years, but they never really go away.

The way to have “PAID IN FULL” appear on a credit report is to pay in full.

Cut up your credit cards, quit spending money you have not yet earned, and get straight… look for any of Dave Ramsey’s books at your library…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with everyone along with picking up a Suze Ormon book. The library and internet has resources on the steps to build your credit score.
      The FTC outlines on what you need to do at”

Be leery of those consolidation companies that take you for your money. You can try to negotiate with the creditors yourself rather than pay a fee to someone else. The creditors wants something from you. Any agreement should be in writing. Ask them what it will take to pay this in full. When sending payment, pay the extra dollar or so for certified or registered letter.

Send payments by check where you can verify that payment has been made with a canceled check. Also, send a SASE envelope to make it easier for them to send you a receipt of payment.

I which you the best of luck and hope it works out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password