Utilization Reported High Even Though PIF

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Utilization Reported High Even Though PIF

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I don’t suppose that there is anything I can do about this, but I find it frustrating.

I use my AmEx (Costco) to pay all my monthly bills and personal purchases to get the cash back.* I have a monthlly bill that I always pay off completely every month in the $3,000 – $4,000 range.** But when AmEx reports this balance it looks like I carry a farily large amount of debt month to month when it really is $0.* Thus my Util shows as higher than it should and my CR is lower than it should be.

It seems to me that this wouldn’t be an accurate measure of my credit use for credit rating purposes.* Is there some reason that they couldn’t just report any amount that isn’t paid in full at the end of the cycle?

This combines with the vague way my Visa Signature reports (or dosen’t) credit limits for my*BOfA credit card.* I have a $17k limit on the visa and a $10K limit on the AmEx and the util should have been about 14%.* However, since the Visa Signature doesn’t report my actual CL, it got reported as more like 40% which really dinged my CR.

Oh, and back before I understood why my Visa Signature CL wasn’t being reported accurately I called a Bank of America rep and complained about it.* I wasn’t asking for an increase, but the little nit-wit gave me a hard credit check for my trouble.* That lowered my score even lower and really tweaked me.

I improved my util a bit by having my AmEx CL doubled to $20k.* (it was gratifying to hear the rep reveal that she didn’t think I would be approved by stating I should get a letter in the mail in 6-10 days, then abruptly*change her tune when it was immediately approved)*** However, as little as 15% affects my CR.* It lists it as one of my only baddies.

I’m more or less just venting here.* I don’t really think that they will change the way they report balances or CL. I’d just like to see my score go above 800.

bobebob* – myFICO Equifax 793

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password