Should I accept this Chase (Amazon card) credit card promotion?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Should I accept this Chase (Amazon card) credit card promotion?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Just a college student getting by and the 0% recently ended on my Chase Amazon credit card. I have a balance of about $600 and probably around a 21% APR on this card.

I have other bills to tend too and I don’t wanna pay too much interest. Nevertheless I received an offer from Chase which seems interesting.

“…Use the bottom three checks before 4/30/08 and receive a low promotional 4.99% APR until the balance is paid off”

Checks can be used on anything and each check comes with a 3% fee, which will total about $15 if I use them. Other than that, I don’t see any other tricks or hidden fees. I would have a 4.99% APR card until its paid off, right? And what about future purchaes? Still apply to 4.99%?

What do you think?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I actually work for Chase bank. If the offer is for a FIXED rate of 4.99% and you plan on making the minimum purchases you should definitely pay off any high interest cards. You will save money in the long run. Just realize though that the 16% interest difference, plus the fees on such a small balance, your savings will be minimal. You may want to look at the other benefits the cards offer other than rate. However, if you were able to get a 0% card in the past, you may be able to find another 0% for 6 or 12 months card. The go to rates for these cards will be higher than 4.99% though. Good luck

Anonymous
      Inactive

don’t go there–u will be sorry. They are a bunch of liars and cheaters–read the small print, man, but personally, i wouldn’t do it. i think they r one big joke–and liars. Why not have your attorney look into it for u????????????????????????????? And…. then make a decision. You will always pay them back–as in future interest rates–nothing is free in the good old u.s.of a. anymore.
      future purchases means u will pay big time–cause they will just change the deadline when they get ready to–they remind me o the NCAA–don’t fall for it man. i just called my attorney and he is good and he said no way jose. don’t make that mistake like i did.and i mean me, not him, call or im me if I can be of further help–i am in dc at the ncaa.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Go to creditcard.com. The aprs don’t count for the new balances. Switch your balance to a 0%apr for a year credit card and you will save tons of money. Good luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password