- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 5, 2011 at 7:30 am #203630AnonymousInactive
with the fed cutting the rates so low, now would be a good time to think about refinancing right? my mortgage interest rate is currently 6.25 fixed, i think we owe about $95,000 on it. my husband and i have excellent credit, and we’ve been in our home for 5 years. would refinancing lower our monthly payment significantly, how much does it cost to refinance?
oh weve also paid our mortgage through march, so how would that work if we did decide to refinance?
- May 12, 2011 at 6:01 am #273771AnonymousInactive
Refinancing basically resets your mortgage to 30 years again, and there are refinancing costs. The bank here that usually has the best mortgage rates is offering a 30-year 5.25% fixed rate (which would make the monthly payments about $525.00), with closing fees of $2,308.75. Since the monthly payment on $95,000 at 6.25% is about $600.00, it’d lower your payment about $75/month, but it would take you about 2.5 years to recoup the refinancing costs.
- May 17, 2011 at 12:34 am #428347AnonymousInactive
i hope they wont make it as a issue for your visa processing.be confident and wait until it sucess.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.