Orchard Secured Graduation Rant…

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Orchard Secured Graduation Rant…

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

This is really just a rant…

After reading this forum very heavily over the last few days, I decided to call Orchard/HSBC and ask them about my secured account being graduated to an unsecured account. The lady was very nice and told me that the accounts are reviewed on a regular basis and that at this time my account was not eligible for graduation. So I asked her if having the account graduated was in fact an option in the future and she said yes, but not at this time. I told her that I was no longer seeing the benefit to keeping the card open and that I no longer had the desire to keep the card. I*further told her that now that I can get prime cards, I no longer needed to keep the*”rebuilder” card; and that I am seriously considering*ditching the card*when the AF comes up.*She said that she would notate the account and that I could call back at that time and that they would “see what they could do for me.”

UGH…what should I do? I have had this card since 2008 and I really don’t want to close it because it is my oldest card. Should I just shut up and keep the account open? It’s not really hurting me and the AF is small. I really just*want some benefits to having the card aside from it helping my FICO score.

What are your thoughts out there?????????????????? :smileyindifferent:

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password