My mom took credit cards out in my name!! HELP?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit My mom took credit cards out in my name!! HELP?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

About 2 years ago I was in a car accident where I was in the hospital for a month and a half. I had a severe head injury…Well, I was at my mother’s house with my best friend.. and she was talking about my credit cards. I said “umm you’re mistaken I don’t have any credit cards.” She’s like awww no you do, remember you let me take them out after your car accident (my mom is very manipulative and she makes up stories all the time…) So I’m thinking okay she took these credit cards out in my name cause I have no clue how to sign up for a credit card. I didn’t think much about it seeing I was only 17.. Well, recently I’m enrolled in nursing school. I took out school loans to help me pay for school. So I decided to take a look at my credit score cause they went off of that for the interest. I had a horrible credit score.. I started looking around a bit at my moms and I found 2 credit card bills addressed to me. 1 was around 700 dollars and the other about 600.. so 1300 my mom had out on my credit cards. I couldn’t believe that she took credit cards out in my name and is using them! Can I take her to court and sue her for them since she RUINED my credit score?? What would happen if I did take her? Would she get fraud since she’s obviously not me but signing my name?
    How do I contact the SSA? and What does that stand for?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password