MID Tax scenario

Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

are you actually asking this on the heels of GWB????

pot meet kettle award.

what you fail to realize is that the dems freely admit that gov’t is necessary. The repubs tell you less gov’t is good gov’t but just do the opposite. You’re a sheep.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You mean like asking your Republican leader for a tax cut instead of working harder and getting a better job?

Anonymous
      Inactive

It pays better

Anonymous
      Inactive

Gimme gimme gimme

Anonymous
      Inactive

Because they can print money and distribute it easily. Only reason. Got wool?

Anonymous
      Inactive

everything you have just stated reflects on bush, in turn, he is a republican

Anonymous
      Inactive

People stopped trusting the government during Bush. Of course we take care of ourselves, but some things, like a war started by Bush, is bigger than personal daily life, though it very negatively impacts daily life. Hurricane Katrina was bigger than individual people, and it is exactly the type of thing you expect your government to handle, since they take so much of our tax dollars for “the common good.” It definitely was not handled, and we have not seen our tax dollars used for the common good. We took responsibility and got the Republicans out. Hopefully, it will make a difference.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You are mistaken. We trust ourselves, but we trust the government more than General Motors and Enron. Why? Because we know for sure that big business is not even trying to look out for the common good.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thought the government WAS the Democrats, as of November 4, 2008.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh for f*ck sake, because Republicans don’t do the same?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Simple democrates belive that the people should be suuported by the govenment. if you want to be more exact a democrate is very close to communisum. example most of the thing they want done has to be socialized i.e. health care social secruity welfare etc etc. im my opiion the reason why they do this is so they can make more money for them selves. all the mony we pay in taxes and the govvenment still like to cry broke

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK…I have to ask.

If Government isn’t made of PEOPLE, what is it made of, exactly?

If you look back, you’ll notice that things like the FDA, and USDA came to be as a result of industry abuses…back when government was “small”.

I just believe government should represent everyone, not just the Trust fund, I GOT MINE generation.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is the easier path to *let someone else live their life* than to have the *guts ‘n glory* to do it on their own!

Anonymous
      Inactive

They’re looking for a “daddy” to take care of them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The question is a straw man…..Did government shrink under Bush? Hell NO, it grew faster than it did under Clinton, by far.

Republicans can claim they support small government the day they start doing that.

And your argument that GOVERNMENT REGULATION caused the mortgage crash makes no sense on any level. Government regulation is the ONLY thing that would have avoided it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

When you believe it is the govts job to take care of you, you don’t have to work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

individualism vs. collectivism

Anonymous
      Inactive

If the democrats say we don’t need government then why are they there taking so much of our money? And yes I know republicans do also. But I have never heard that before. Huh! So we will see if democrats say we don’t need government or we need more of it! I’ll bet it’s the latter!

Anonymous
      Inactive

lack of oversight is a huge contributor to the mess we are in. That was the bush philosophy: cut oversight and reduce government. Same thing in the commodities market: reduce oversight and let a few rich (republicans) speculate on oil futures, allowing the price of gas to skyrocket. Everything done in secret. It is no wonder being a republican in today’s climate is akin to having to defend a war criminal, the fallback position being “blame the left”. I am not a democrat, but a registered independent–i’ve voted republican in the past and i am not ashamed to admit it. That said, this past election, i was so disgusted with the direction bush took us in–that was so out of touch with reality– i ended up voting for democrats even though i knew nothing about them. This past election if a candidate had a D next to their name, i marked that box. So, for all you (still) bush lovers and spewing your garbage here (and on fox noise) be aware there are many who despise the republican party–and obviously, with good reason.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will give you a simple answer. The past eight years we decided to forgo government for personal accountability. How did that turn out, you tell me?

Anonymous
      Inactive

If one of the spouse, let us say the husband takes the loan but on the title/deed both husband and wife’s name are included. If filing jointly can you deduct the full mortgage if husband lost the income for a full year as the loan is only on his name?. Also any restriction on max percentage of income the mortgage can be. Example if the Interest is $50k and the total income is also $50k can the tax be $0 (Ofcourse better sell the house and run if no other source exists)?

What are the advantage/disadvantage of taking loan on both husband and wife income vs just one of the spouse income?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password