Landlord trying to hold business owner against lease on bad building?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Home Insurance Landlord trying to hold business owner against lease on bad building?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My landlord rented me a building in March of 2011. He told me that there was machinery in the building which would be removed, that the roof was going to be fixed and that everything else worked perfectly. I signed a 12 month lease that doesnt expire until March of 2012. When I moved in the roof leaked perfusely, sewer came back into the building through grease traps and my insurance company said if I didn’t fix the roof that they would cancel my insurance for liability reasons. The Landlord also did not move his equipment out of the garage making the whole purpose for renting it useless. 4 months after asking the landlord several times to fix these problems I leave the building and take all my things and leave it in better condition than it was before. Am I still obligated to pay on this lease or does the landlord owe me money because i Had to close my business because it was unusable?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password