Joint account? my score: over 800, his: very poor?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Joint account? my score: over 800, his: very poor?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

We are to be married soon. I bought a half-million home with money i have been saving up for the past 3 years. My score is practically perfect (compared to most) and his score is very poor.

We have to create a joint account (whether I want to or not). My question is if I do have a joint bank account, will my credit be affected by his bad credit history OR will his credit improve b/c he is with me. For some reason, I think with bank accounts, the credit score is not going to be affected unless you go into collections.

What about utility bills? is there a different standard? I dont’ think FICO scores are affected by utility but would that be a safe way to have a joint account without affecting my credit?

Lastly, credit cards – which i know will be affected. will he drag me down or will my score bring him up – provided we pay our bills on time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password