is there anyway to find out your credit score for free?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score is there anyway to find out your credit score for free?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

i know there are sites that offer this but they all want you put in your credit card info and then you can cancel it if you don’t want it but i wondered if there are sites that don’t ask for payment at all.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t do this online with offers from companies! You go straight to the credit agencies that do the reporting; Equifax, etc.

You are entitled to one free report per year from each. Contact them directly, you will need to write them with your SS#, full name and address, etc.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com and request free copies from one or all three companies.

Anonymous
      Inactive

free annual credit report online is reputable!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t believe so. You have, by law in the USA, the right to see your CREDIT REPORT once a year or after a negative reply from a credit card application or any type of credit application.

The credit score is a number created by the Credit reporting companies and their formula might be different for each other. In theory you could have three different credit scores.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You are correct in that in order to get your FICO score you will have to enroll for the service. It will only be free if you cancel within the 30 day time limit.

In that case it will be free but you have to stay on your toes and cancel in time or you will be charged a monthly fee…most likely $9.95 a month.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password