Is my American Express Gold Card actually harming my credit score?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Is my American Express Gold Card actually harming my credit score?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’ve worked hard over the past few years to improve my credit score. I’ve paid off all of my debt and have <10% utilization on credit cards during a given month, only charging things here and there and then paying them off to prove I can handle revolving debt responsibly.

I also have an American Express Gold Charge card. I’ve been using that to charge the majority of my monthly expenses for rewards and, again, to show that I can handle paying off my debts each month.

When looking at my credit report, however, I note that American Express doesn’t report an upper limit, just the high balance. Since my usage is about the same each month, it looks like I’m constantly at the high end of that “utilization.”

Am I harming my credit by not using a credit card with a high limit to do this charging, or do the bureaus score charge accounts differently?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password