Is it feasible to move away from your home city after just one year at University?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home Is it feasible to move away from your home city after just one year at University?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am about to start my first year at University in my home city, but I am finding I am more dreading it than anticipating it simply because I will be staying in the city I have lived in my whole life. During my last year of High School, I just naturally assumed, without questioning it that I would be going to University in my home city, but during the Summer break I found that, in fact, I desperately want to get away from here, but by that time it was too late (sorting out accomodation when residence halls are full etc etc) and I will be forced to stay here, and although I will be living in halls here (parents are moving to the countryside), I feel like I wont be getting the ‘proper’ university experience by staying somewhere so familiar, and am feeling very jealous of people moving away.

I am wondering if, in effect, it is possible to simply move cities (or even countries) after one year, and if it makes any difference transferring after one year- will it be easier, with some experience under my belt, or harder as I have to adjust to a new life, leave new friends behind etc (here in New Zealand, I dont think its possible to stay in halls beyond your first year of study, so I would have to find a flat in an unfamiliar city, without the advantage of meeting people in halls etc) Its just not something I hear being done very much- it seems to be generally accepted to be ‘stay or go’ for all of your degree, not anything in between.

(PS, finances arent really an issue atm)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password