Is A Credit Card For Bills Only A Good Idea?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Is A Credit Card For Bills Only A Good Idea?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I was at work the other day, and one of my customers told me that he uses a credit card for paying bills only. He also said that he’s able to get frequent flier miles on it and can take a vacation practically for free, but that’s another story.

Anyway, every month when I pay my bills I end up spending money for money orders, postage, and bill payment services. Because I don’t have a checking account (overdraft collection fees), I can only use money orders. Using those are a pain, and I find myself running all over the city paying for my bills every month. Plus most of the time they take a few business days to push through on top of mailing them.

A few years ago I had a credit card, but bad habits landed me in debt and with bad credit. I was wondering if this was really a good idea. I’m positive I won’t live beyond my means like last time, and I would like to improve my credit score as well.

Would pursing a credit card, sorely for bill-paying purposes only more be beneficial than troubling? Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password