im trying to downgrade from windows xp professionel to windows xp home edition and im having a probl

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home im trying to downgrade from windows xp professionel to windows xp home edition and im having a probl

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

ok so heres ze deal. Im trying to downgrade from windows XP pro to windows Xp home edition on my dell latitude e5400. It has been downgraded before from windows vista to XP pro. So now I’m trying to downgrade it from pro to home. so i bought the home edition UPGRADE disk, not knowing you can’t downgrade with it. So I inserted it into the CD/DVD drive. It opened up and I clicked Install Windows XP. An error message came up saying I have a newer version of windows xp on my computer and cant do it. GRRRR. So they had a button to read more details about it. And when I clciked that, it said that If I wanted to install the version of windows xp on the disc, i would have to shut down the computer, and boot it up from the CD/DVD drive. but i would have to restore it. No problem. I don’t care if I have to restore it. So I back up the whole C drive on my computer. No problems. So now im ready to restore my computer to the version on the disc. So I reboot the computer. And when it starts to boot up, I hold down F12. And then a screen comes up asking me where I would like to boot my computer up from. i click CD/DVD drive. And then it asks me to click any button to continue. So I do that, it starts loading all the files on the Windows XP disc. And then a big error message comes up:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
      If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
      Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
      Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Info:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DAZ08, 0xF78D9f08)

*** pc1.sys – Address F748E08F base at F7487000, batest amp 3b7d855c

PLEASE TELL ME WUT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password