I’m confused….Charter/Credit Protection Assoc….

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit I’m confused….Charter/Credit Protection Assoc….

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I received a dunning letter from Credit Protection Association (CA)*stating they were collecting the debt on behalf of Charter communications (OC).* The number provided on the letter directed me to the OC.* I spoke with a supervisor at*the*OC*that stated they still held the account even though it was sold to the CA.* He also stated, if I paid the balance through them (OC) they would not contact the CA to have them remove the listing from my credit report or inform them that the payment has been made.* He basically stated once the account is paid off they don’t care about the customer’s credit report.* I’m at a loss.* I have the money to pay the account in full (as it is my account and it is fairly recent).* I do not know what my best course of action is, should I pay the OC (Charter) or contact the CA (Credit Protection Assoc) and pay them and request a PFD?* I’m lost…I would like to pay this off as soon as possible as it has reported on my CR this month.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password