If you are about to buy your first home?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home If you are about to buy your first home?

Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

What are you highest concerns starting the process? Would you attend a free seminar?

Anonymous
      Inactive

If your credit is good enough, and is the house in a good neighborhood, that will keep it’s value.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t know why anyone would advise you not to attend a free seminar. It’s always good to learn all you can about something that you’re going to be putting so much into and spending so much money on. We have 3 rental properties, and I still would consider taking a free seminar. I like to learn, and there you’ll probably be able to ask questions. Sure you could ask your realtor, but if you don’t know much about the process, you might not even know what to ask. At the seminar, it will bring things up you may not have thought of, then you can take notes and discuss things in more detail with your realtor if needed. Definitely attend the seminar! No harm in learning!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think your biggest concern when you are buying you first home is knowing what you are getting into.

A seminar could be a good way to get to understand these things as well as lots of books, or talking with a Real Estate Professional.

You want to understand

1) What are the responsibilities associated with your home (maintenance and upkeep)
      2) What are the total costs of the home (mortgage, taxes, heating and air conditioning, electric, cable phone, possibly PMI)
      3) How is the local Real Estate market, are home prices dropping there, what are economic indicators looking like in your area, make sure you are comfortable with this purchase as for most people their home purchase is their biggest investment.

I think it is important to look at all of those, perhaps you are not comfortable with some of the maintenance and a condo would suit you better than a single family home, perhaps even though you qualify you think renting is a better option. Just make sure to educate yourself as much as possible so you will feel more confident with your decision.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No, no need to attend a seminar. Not sure what concerns you’re asking about, but if you want to know what to look for or what to ask the Seller, talk to your Realtor. They’ll do that for you. Things you want to ask are, are there any easements, how old is the roof, hotwater heater, electric, if there have been any leaks, if there’s a basement..has it taken on water etc….good luck, hope that helped!

Anonymous
      Inactive

i’m not sure if the u.s. system is the same as the u.k.,but this is what i would do:-
      take out one or two credit u.s. credit cards and maybe get a mobile phone on contract. use the cards fairly regularly but keep the balances reasonably low. make sure you pay at least the minimum amount every month.use the phone in the same way – make a few calls a month and pay the bill.in the u.k. this would at least help to repair your credit score.hope this helps

Anonymous
      Inactive

use credit cards for American catalogs that ship to EU, and pay them promptly… I am not 100% if that would work, but just a suggestion…will not happen over nt, but over some time..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password