Ideas on how to handle GEMB/Banana Republic

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Ideas on how to handle GEMB/Banana Republic

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davefollmer 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

davefollmer
    Participant

I just pulled my FICO: 713.*

The two biggest factors affecting my score negatively is that 1 year, 9 months ago I had a 60-day delinquency with GEMB. Out of 12 Credit accounts in over five years – this is the ONLY deliquency on record. I would think this would raise a red flag. I did not receive a statement in October or November of that month. I was called by GEMB, informed that I was past due (surprise!) and when I told them I hadn’t been getting statements they said I authorized them to begin sending e-statements (which I did not) to an email address I no longer had.*

I paid the account off in full and requested to have it closed.

Is there any way to address this? I have no debt, six figures in savings, and am doing well in building for retirement. I have worked my ass off to be financially responsible – I am furious that this happened. My job required 3-4 overnights per week and I didn’t catch that I didn’t get a statement – was just too busy.

P.S. Fico also said I have “too many accounts with balances.” (Third factor negatively affecting my score.) I have a car lease and one credit card with $1,000 balance (out of $22,000 available credit limit.) I don’t even have a mortgage. Seriously? *

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password