I was an authorized user on a Macy's account but they switched it to joint account, were they a

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit I was an authorized user on a Macy's account but they switched it to joint account, were they a

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

When I was married, my husband added me as an authorized user on his Macys account. While going through our divorce, I had closed the account. He had used the card to the max and then defaulted on his payments. I noticed it showed on my credit report and inquired how this was possible. Supposedly they have documents signed by me switching from an authorized user to a joint account user. I have signed no document or have gotten anything notorized. Logically, that does not make sense. Why would someone switch their account from an authorized user to a joint account user. Closing an authorized user would mean that once it is closed, it no longer reports to your credit bureaus where as being a joint account user makes you also responsible for debts unpaid. I have requested these papers through the police department and they fail to send them to me. I think they are lying just to receive payments, or he had to have signed for me. Either way I do not know how to fix this situation and it is affecting my credit score.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password