I paid the collection agency a fee for PFD, but one year later, still on my credit re

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit I paid the collection agency a fee for PFD, but one year later, still on my credit re

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davefollmer 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

davefollmer
    Participant

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I was wondering if anyone can recommend a course of action. Last year I had some medical bills go into collection (due to high risk pregnancy and no insurance). In one account, the debt collector (Allied Collection Services) agreed to a PFD, I went into their office in April 2010 and paid a $50 fee and in return I received a PIF letter and a PFD letter stating “Deleted from Credit Reporting as of 4/14/10”. It also states to give it 30-90 days to complete the process. Today I checked my credit report and the negative item is still there! It does say “Paid, Closed” but it is definitely not deleted! (I know, I should have checked sooner, but I’ve been in denial, I used to have a FICO of 780 and I’m pretty sure its ruined by all my medical bills).[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]What is my course of action? Is it too late since its been over a year now? I still have their contact information but they are so rude over there that I want to be prepared on what to say to them when I call. Or is this a moot point by now? What are my alternatives?
    [/FONT]

Thanks for your help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password