I have GMAC homeowners insurance and was just denied a claim for hail damage. Anybody else have a ba

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Home Insurance I have GMAC homeowners insurance and was just denied a claim for hail damage. Anybody else have a ba

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My house does have hail damage. Every single house surrounding me, including all but 2 houses in a 4 block radius, were approved to minimally have their roofs replaced. A lot of people are getting their siding replaced as well. I can not even get them to send out a second adjuster to see if they possibly made a mistake. I am very frustrated. Has anybody else had a bad experience with GMAC homeowners insurance? To me the claim is such a no brainer. And every single day I get to walk outside my and see how badly my insurace company has judged this claim. Any ideas on how to get this claim approved?
    You asked for more details. I have a $ 500 deductible. I have received the denial in writing. It states there is no hail damage to my roof just normal wear and tear. Although they did find hail damage to some faschia, some vents and my deck, which totaled $ 800, so I received a $ 300 check in the mail. Which I asked them not to send me because I do not agree with their estimate.

And I am not kidding you I walked around the 4 block radius this past weekend and talked to every single neighbor who was out and I could only find two other people whose claims were denied. The houses are not fine, but their insurance is also denying their claims.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password