I had the only credit collection removed from my credit report..what is…

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Credit Collections I had the only credit collection removed from my credit report..what is…

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

They are Not , the lender protects the lender by holding Each person fully liable for the loan taken out .
      They will go after each of them to satisfy the loan .

>

Anonymous
      Inactive

You don’t want advice from us. Your friend needs the services of a real live attorney. Step one would be contacting the attorney who handled the real estate transaction listing both their names.

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m guessing that the mortgage company will be coming to your friend for full payment and that he’ll lose the house if he can’t make it. He, in turn, can sue the distant friend for his half.

A better solution might be to sell the house now, before the mortgage payments are in arrears.

Anonymous
      Inactive

They are not protected. Each person is 100% reasonable for the loan. The loan company doesn’t care which one pays it. The foreclosure will effect each of them equally.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Your friend needs to have the ex-roommate sign legal papers that they have no longer have an interest in the house.
      Think of it as a marriage; in a divorce agreement, one or the other takes the house & all the responsiblities.
      Your friend can make all the payments & everything else for years which allows them the house, but without an agreement from the other party, 5-10 years down the road, your friend stands a chance of losing half because it was left in both of their names.
      Spend money now for a lawyer or take a chance on court actions later.

Anonymous
      Inactive

…the effect on my FICO score? I have only had one collection and it was removed from my credit report. I have 13 other accounts in good standing. My credit history is about 2 years because I am young. I don’t have any high balances except for my car…9,500 out of the 13,500 originally. What will be the impact on my credit score with the removal of this collection alone? Thanks!
      Hi everyone! I know that my credit score will go up because of this but I need to know how much, the actual amount or an educated guess! Thank you!

Anonymous
      Inactive

it depends on the age of the collection account. somewhere between 20 and 35 points usually. It depends on what your credit score is also. if you have revolving credit and how you pay your bills and balance. good luck sounds like you are doing all the right things keep it up and keep inquiries down too. over three or four a year dings your credit also! Read Dave Ramsey financial peace.! God bless

Anonymous
      Inactive

your should go up but i just don’t know how much.. and keep up the good work with paying your bills on time.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password