I don't call it settling, but I am starting to reconstruct my standards. Your advice? (Please n

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home I don't call it settling, but I am starting to reconstruct my standards. Your advice? (Please n

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a good job with benefits, I bought my own house at 24, I have my own car and I have no kids. I have always been taught to keep my standards high. However, I’m starting to realize that some people may not have been lucky to stumble upon a good career, an opportunity to buy and so forth. I dated a guy who lived at home at the age of 32 but works. Now, I came across a guy, (who I’m just friends with right now but may be a potential) Who is a Marine, Educated…however he rents his parents “guest suite” and sells paintings for a living. He has been successful at it however in my mind, it’s not steady income. We are the same age. My question is…..would you call it “settling” by taking his situation for what it is and embrace the fact that he is going for his Masters and looking for a fulltime position, or would you call it “reconstructing” your standards by saying to yourself “He is working, just in a different form, he does have his own place and a car…and he has strive.” I do not want to fall into the trap of “taking care” of someone. Ive always been taught to find someone with the same or more as you. I know this is long winded, but how would you take this and share some of your experiences. Again please no rude comments..as this may help others who are in situations like this.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password