How to increase spouses credit score?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score How to increase spouses credit score?

Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I want to help my wife get her credit built up, my question is will having her name on the utility bills along with mine help her build credit? Is this a common thing? My water bill is in both of ours names but all the other bills are just in mine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i would start with having her be a co-signer on credit cards. utility bills don’t really affect your credit unless your late and they get turned over to a collection agency.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No – it will do nothing. Utilities are not “credit.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

piggyback, if you trust enough

Anonymous
      Inactive

You will get a variety of answers here – some 100% wrong, some 75% wrong, etc. But most importantly, none of us will lend you the money.

Ask these questions of the lender who is going to lend you the money. That way, BEFORE you start changing things around and getting needed paperwork for documentation, you actually know what you need and don’t do anything that could make it worse than it already is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The best way to increase your wifes credit score is to take out a small loan for 24 months and pay it back in 12

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password