- This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 5, 2011 at 6:25 am #203393AnonymousInactive
I want to help my wife get her credit built up, my question is will having her name on the utility bills along with mine help her build credit? Is this a common thing? My water bill is in both of ours names but all the other bills are just in mine.
- May 7, 2011 at 12:10 am #265601AnonymousInactive
i would start with having her be a co-signer on credit cards. utility bills don’t really affect your credit unless your late and they get turned over to a collection agency.
- May 11, 2011 at 5:37 am #272459AnonymousInactive
No – it will do nothing. Utilities are not “credit.”
- May 12, 2011 at 4:36 am #273025AnonymousInactive
piggyback, if you trust enough
- May 16, 2011 at 5:05 am #427577AnonymousInactive
You will get a variety of answers here – some 100% wrong, some 75% wrong, etc. But most importantly, none of us will lend you the money.
Ask these questions of the lender who is going to lend you the money. That way, BEFORE you start changing things around and getting needed paperwork for documentation, you actually know what you need and don’t do anything that could make it worse than it already is.
- May 18, 2011 at 12:19 am #280048AnonymousInactive
The best way to increase your wifes credit score is to take out a small loan for 24 months and pay it back in 12
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.