how to fix a charged off acct??

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit how to fix a charged off acct??

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      davefollmer
      Participant

keeping this as short as possible…

I had a dispute a few yrs ago with my (ex)bank over fees on an checking overdraft acct. * I fnally got the rep on the phone to agree that if I paid off the balance, they would remove fees.* I sent in full balance (minus fees), but they never removed fees.* Instead, more fees were added.

In the end the fees totaled a little over $200 which I didn’t pay and subsequently got on my credit report (I actually forgot about it until a collections agency called).

Now I’ve been working at the same place for over 8 yrs and make over $300k.* I have no debt outside of my mortgage and auto lease (pymnts have never been late).* My cc are paid in full every month (mostly amex, probably ~60k/yr).

What do i do to get this stupid “little” thing off my credit?* From what collections told me, they can’t do anything to remove that blemmish.* I still haven’t paid because not only should i not have to pay those fees, but it doesn’t sound like paying will help….*

Any suggestions to clear this up?

Thanks for the help!!!

btw, I just applied for a $30k auto loan (from penfed) where I would put down $25k, and got rejected because they didn’t like the charged off account on my record….* Hard to believe a $200 issue would matter more to a creditor than my income and large payment history.* Plus I’m putting down a huge down payment! *

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password