How many times should parents be allowed to borrow/ask their children for money?!?!?!?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Debt Management How many times should parents be allowed to borrow/ask their children for money?!?!?!?

Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m a small business owner….I’m 24 and married with no kids. My wife is a full time student and only works a couple days a week. Needless to say I take care of all the financial responsibilities in my household.

My mother and stepfather have been good parents. My mom is a stay at home mom (to take care of my baby sister 9 years old) and my step father works in the upper, upper management for a large company. He makes good money but apparently has horrible money management skills.

For him to make so much money at his job I still end up helping my mom out with financial things and giving her money here and there (which I don’t mind) BUT…It seems like every other month he is asking me to borrow money. He always pays me back but it is very irritating that someone that old (in early 50s) is constantly spending money he does NOT have.

Now he recently lost his job and is in the process of looking for another one. And of course…. He asks me yet again to borrow money.
      Because of poor money management he has no savings, they live in a HUGE 7 or 8 bed room house (when only 3 people live there) and are actually in debt. I’m asked to loan them money at least 4 to 5 times a year.

I would feel guilty to lie and say I don’t have money to loan because I do…. but I’m sick of them always having to borrow money.

What should I do?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password