How do you clean up your credit fast?

Credit and mortgage advice Forums Consumer Credit Improving Your Credit Score How do you clean up your credit fast?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

We have a bankrupcy 3yrs. old. I had to go on s.s.d. Have had medical bills pile up. Have not been late with anything else. Now the credit agency is reporting my house is in forcloseure and I am late with pyms. NOT TRUE. I have proof. They don’t care.
    We do make ALL paynents on time
    Have you ever tried calling the credit agencies? They are recordings. I have faxed them.

Anonymous

first request your credit reports and look at them in black and white. here are the numbers
    Equifax
    P.O. Box 740241
    Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
    (800) 685-1111.
    Experian
    P.O. Box 2104
    Allen, TX 75013
    (888) EXPERIAN (888-397-3742).
    Trans Union
    P.O. Box 1000
    Chester, PA 19022
    (800) 916-8800.
    2. get a form from the credit reporting agencies to report the discrepencies. Fill them out and attatch proof. This has to be done in writing, no they won’t talk to you about it.
    3. Contact any of the companies you do business with and request they report your activities correctly, i.e. bank, mortgage lender, credit cards etc.
    Yes the Fair trade act is on your side IF you have mistakes.
    However, your income has changed and so debt to income ration might have changed enough to lower your credit score, with past due medical bills, it won’t help. Consolidate them so you can get them marked paid on your report. The key is to get those reports in your hand first, then you can figure out how to fix it.

Anonymous

get proof, call the major bureaus, fax them the proof then in 60 days, it won’t be on there. Fair Credit and Reporting Act is in your favor on this one.

Anonymous

You have a computer – go online to your bank or credit union home page, they’ll have an amortization program to figure it out. Or if you have MS Works, there is an amortization template in it. It’s a great way to figure out how much you save if you pay extra on the principal or exactly how much you will pay on your loan including the interest over the length of your loan..

Anonymous

Here’s a calculator:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password